V Visas

Texas Immigration Lawyer

Under the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE Act) and its amendments, a V visa allows the spouse and unmarried children (below the age of 21 years) of a Lawful Permanent Resident to enter, live and work in the U.S. as nonimmigrants until they receive Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status. The spouse is given a V-1 visa and the children are given V-2 or V-3 visas.

You can receive a V-1 (Spouse) visa if:

You can receive a V-2 (Child) visa if:

You can receive a V-3 (Child) visa if:

There are two advantages to having a V non-immigrant visa:

Note : You won’t need to apply for a work permit after you have become a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States because you will receive a Permanent Resident card which allows you to permanently live and work in the U.S. Even while waiting for your Permanent Resident status, your valid V non-immigrant visa allows you to travel outside of and return to the U.S.

Learn more about V Visas and immigration law by contacting an experienced Texas Immigration Attorney at  the Law Firm of Esani & Momin.

Related Blog Posts


Immigration & Business Transactions

schedule consultation