K Visas

Immigration Attorneys in Texas

Under the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act (LIFE Act) and its amendments, the K visa allows the spouse and unmarried children (below the age of 21 years) of a U.S. citizen to enter, live and work in the U.S. as nonimmigrants until they receive Lawful Permanent Resident status. The spouse is given a K-3 visa and the children are given a K-4 visas.

You can receive a K-3 (Spouse) visa if:

You can receive a K-4 (Child) visa if:

There are two advantages to having a K-3/K-4 non-immigrant visa:

Note : You will not need to apply for a work permit after you have become a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. because you will receive a permanent resident card which allows you to permanently live and work in the U.S. Your valid K-3/K-4 non-immigrant visa allows you to travel outside of and return to the U.S., even if you are still waiting for your Permanent Resident status.

For more information about K Visas and immigration law, you can contact an experienced Texas Immigration Attorney at the Law Firm of Esani & Momin. Set up your consultation today.

Related Blog Posts


Immigration & Business Transactions

schedule consultation