An Introduction to Temporary Immigration

Temporary Visas

Texas Immigration Lawyers

Temporary Visas Overview
The nonimmigrant visa classification covers a broad range of visas used to enter the U.S. for work, pleasure or study. Some visas are considered ‘dual intent’ ; you may attempt to obtain permanent residency (a green card) while under that classification. Most nonimmigrant visas, however, require you establish the demonstration of nonimmigrant intent. This means you should demonstrate that you have a permanent residence in your home country that you have no intention of abandoning. The duration of time you may spend in the U.S. can range from a few days to several years, depending on the visa. In most situations, your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany you on a derivative visa.

There is a list of various temporary nonimmigrant visa classifications on the menu bar on the right side. For more information on a particular visa, please click the visa number. If you are interested in any one or more of the visas, you can set up a free-consultation and our skilled Texas immigration lawyers will gladly provide you more information.


Immigration & Business Transactions

schedule consultation