employment visa

Do you aspire to work in the United States? If you are a foreign national and this is a goal of yours, you must have a valid employment visa to be able to secure a job in the U.S. An employment visa states that you qualify for the job you have obtained and that you have been approved to work in this country. There are a number of categories and you must have the visa specific for the type of job you have. These categories are complex and require a Sugar Land immigration lawyer to help you apply for them. The attorneys at Esani & Momin will explain each category and which one you qualify for.

Temporary Employment Visas
There are some individuals who only wish to work in the United States for a specific amount of time. For these people, an immigration attorney in Sugar Land TX can show how a temporary employment visa would be most fitting. These visas are distributed based on the type of work you do. They include:

-H-1B: Workers in a “specialty occupation”
-H-2A: Workers from certain countries employed in agriculture
-H-2B: Non-agricultural seasonal workers
-L-1A/L-1B: Workers employed by companies with a U.S. branch who currently work at a foreign location.

Permanent Employment Visas
For people who wish to remain in the U.S. permanently, there are employment-based options that a Sugar Land Immigration lawyer can discuss with you. These categories are also based on the type of worker:

-EB-1: Priority Workers
-EB-2: Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability
-EB-3: Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers
-EB-4: Certain Special Immigrants
-EB-5: Immigrant Investors

Each category has a specific set of criteria that must be met for the visa to be granted.

The lawyers at Esani & Momin can help you decide which employment visa is best for you based on your work position. Contact us so that an experienced immigration attorney in Sugar Land TX can assist you.


Immigration & Business Transactions

schedule consultation