F-1 Visa

Many schools in the United States offer great opportunities for students who wish to further their education and training. The intellectual stimulation and social interaction gained by studying in the U.S. can become vital elements of a student’s growth and development.

Foreign national students who want to study in the U.S. usually apply for the F-1 visa. Vocational students most often apply for M-1 status. If you are unsure as to which status is right for you, consult with Houston TX Sugar Land attorneys.

F-2 status allows your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 to join you in the U.S. Note that you should bring them with you when you visit the consulate to apply for your F-1 visa. If your spouse and/or dependent children are joining you later, they will need to submit a copy of your USCIS Form (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status – for Academic and Language Students) and documents proving their relationship to you to the U.S. embassy staff. The F-2 status of spouse and children is dependent upon your F-1 status. As soon as you are no longer an F-1 student, your family will lose their F-2 status.

In order to apply for an F-1 Visa, there is certain criteria that you need to meet. Some of that criteria includes:

If you do not understand any of the requirements or you have concerns about meeting or showing proof of the requirements, reach out to attorneys Sugar Land Texas.

If you have questions about the F-1 Visa and immigration law, contact an experienced Sugar Land lawyer at the Law Firm of Esani & Momin. Our Sugar Land lawyers can help answer questions you may have, help you determine which visa type is ideal for you, and help you apply for visas.

Related Blog Posts


Immigration & Business Transactions

schedule consultation